Are you looking to enjoy Marlin fishing in Cairns? Catching a marlin might not be the easiest thing ever and especially if you aren’t a pro. But the right fishing charter can ensure that you get your hands on a marlin. The following are a few simple tips from the experts at marlin fishing in Cairns.
- The number one things which professionals’ advice is to keep things as simple as possible. If you are a novice you would be tempted to invest in a large number of rods, lures and gear. The downside being they don’t even know how to use all the stuff they have bought. You really just need a handful of gear and not all the equipment you can get your hands on. You simply need to concentrate on your technique and learn to use the handful gear which you are carrying to make the most of your Australian marlin fishing experience. Therefore keep things hassle free by only carrying gear which you actually need.
- It is important to invest in high quality gear. There is simply no point in investing in a whole lot of ordinary gear when you can make do with two or three top quality gear. At a given time you can simply fight one fish so you need to make sure you have the best opportunity of catching that one marlin which came your way. High quality fishing equipment won’t let you down.
- Make sure you are well prepared for your marling fishing in Cairns. Understand all the gear which you would be carrying. You should know all that is to know about the drag curve on your reel. Practice clicking the gear in and out. You can start by setting up your gimbal belt and harness when at home. Spend enough time rigging your lures and sharpening hooks to ensure that everything works in perfection.
- When you are out on the water, keep in mind you don’t need to throw down all the lures that you have. A novice should only start with three or four lures. This helps ensure that there are fewer lines to clear in the water especially when you have got that fish at the hook. Keep one lure much closer to the boat than the others.
- If you are planning to use live baits, two of those are considered enough. Make sure you stagger the baits to keep the turns tight and avoid tangles. When there is too much wind you could keep the reels in free spool by elasticing the line to a bollard.
By keeping all the above mentioned tips in mind you would find yourself fishing like a pro. If you are considering hiring a Marlin fishing charter in Cairns choose the right one by doing the necessary research. Finding the right charter is easy when you have done your homework. Ask around and see online reviews on what previous tourists have to say about a certain captain and the boat they chartered.